Sales Operations Manager
The Sales Operations Manager plays a crucial role in the overall success of the Sales organization. The Sales Operations Manager will be tasked with the optimization of the CRM and the entire sales tech stack to support data-driven strategy and effective sales processes. The Sales Ops Manager will play a key role in supporting the overall growth efforts of the company and work cross-functionally to lead or assist on important projects and provide reporting and analysis that allow management to make strategic decisions within the sales organization.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Sales Operations Manager will use our tech stack to drive full sales funnel accountability across Sales, Customer Success and Marketing. This role connects sales strategy with field execution. It facilitates execution of our GTM strategy by maintaining the systems and infrastructure required to support it.
What You’ll Do:
Analytics and Reporting
- Report to the sales and executive leadership team on weekly revenue numbers, including analysis of changes, patterns, and path to goal.
- Identify and implement reporting and dashboard solutions along with supporting processes that help the sales and marketing teams focus on key performance drivers.
- Prepare ad-hoc high-impact reporting and analytics project work. Internal Data Operations
- Partner with finance and sales to ensure that revenue facing data is provided and stored in the most useful way possible.
- Establish reports and tools for revenue stakeholders to best utilize data. Manage Salesforce and Design Workflows Across all Departments
- Act as the primary architect of Salesforce and related platforms. Oversee the management of a dedicated Salesforce Administrator, as well as working in Salesforce yourself to build and manage solutions and recommend process improvements to drive operational efficiency.
- Oversee the management of Salesforce data, fields, integrations, automations, and security to ensure system integrity.
- Maintain and evolve existing sales systems.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to understand business needs and identify solutions to enable our company to scale.
- Support the user adoption of Salesforce by providing training materials, conducting new hire training on Salesforce, and being the go-to subject matter expert.
- Provide necessary reports to Finance as needed.
Own the Booking Side of Sales Commission Processing
- Use Salesforce and other internal data sources to provide the necessary information to Finance for the calculation of monthly commission payments, resolve discrepancies with sales and finance management.
- Provide sales compensation analysis and perform ad hoc comp reporting. Handle Inquiries and Support for All Salesforce and Related Systems Users
- Resolve issues/inquiries from Sales as they arise and address the root cause of problems.
- Manage the sales quote creation system to set up sales orders properly, consistent with company policies.
- Identify any non-standard contract terms or pricing to ensure appropriate revenue recognition.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong background in sales operations with 5+ years of experience (SaaS preferred)
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce and its ecosystem.
- Advanced Excel skills are required for both ad hoc and monthly reporting to the VP of Sales and C-Suite:
- Pivot Tables
- VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH, Data Filters, Data Validation, Slicers, Timelines and Macros
- Visual Basic/VBA, not required, but would be a plus
- Experience integrating marketing automation platforms (preferably Pardot and HubSpot) with CRM (preferably Salesforce).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced across the full revenue funnel management from prospect to customer.
- Top-class problem-solver who can quickly translate ambiguity into structured problem-solving and actionable recommendations.
- Experience analyzing, building, deploying and maximizing sales stack software such as:
- Conga Composer
- Expert analytical skills to translate large data sets into clear, publishable insights. ● Ability to train others on systems and processes, create clear documentation and digestible training.
- Experience designing and building reports and dashboards to cascade information to the larger organization.
- Understanding of complex systems, and how to use and manipulate data and CRM tools to reflect the needs of the system.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Proven ability to understand business processes and implement systems to enable them.
- High attention to detail, strong work ethic, a can-do attitude, and an ability to meet tight deadlines.
- A strategic mindset. The ability to convert strategy to tactics. Be able to take the strategic overview of initiatives and boil them down to the necessary tactics to execute.
- Analytical. Highly capable in quantitative and qualitative analysis of data to arrive at the central meaning and the impact to the business. Ability to guide our org in the strategic use of data.
JumpSearch is dedicated to connecting with the best talent and creating a great candidate experience. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity. Please know that due to the many talented individuals who apply we can only contact who are in consideration. If you are not contacted for the current role(s) for which you have applied, please rest assured that your resume will be considered for future opportunities.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay current on trends and future opportunities. We look forward to working with you!