Lead Software Architect (Front-end//UI)
Offices in Lehi, Utah
About our Client:
Our client is changing the way sales functions. They provide intelligent demo automation software that helps our customers scale presales. Using their platform, sales engineering teams build a library of interactive content that sales can send out on demand. This reduces unqualified demos and lag time for prospects to near zero and shortens sales cycles by as much as 68%.
They are an agile shop using some of the best technologies available to provide the best possible user experience to our customers. They need bright, driven, innovative engineers to join the team and help us extend the platform, build cool new features and ensure our system meets the scale requirements of our rapidly growing business.
Our client is a fast-growing SaaS company based in the United States. They help sales engineers reduce wasted time doing repetitive unqualified demos so they can do more of what they do best: solution consulting.
Sales engineers everywhere struggle with increasing demand for demos. Our client is the leader in demo automation software that makes it easy to create, send, and track interactive demos that the sales team sends out on-demand. They automatically personalize the experience and tracks engagement, bringing prospects to live demos better educated and ready to talk specifics. Customers have reduced unqualified demos to near zero, doubled their presales productivity without increasing headcount, reduced sales cycles by 68%, and increased close rates by 27%.
If you are a top-notch software engineer that loves solving tough technical problems while working with passionate, driven people, then this position might be a good fit for you. This position will help drive aggressive scale and platform growth challenges. You will use some of the best technologies available and will have an opportunity to shape the architectural future of a fast-growing, industry-leading company.
Scope of Work
- Work with product managers and our design team to flush out requirements and create balanced delivery iterations.
- Interact with back-end engineers to help design API contracts to support user workflows.
- Create unit tests and work with both manual and automated QA to ensure new features and services work as expected. Improve the existing codebase to have better and higher quality test coverage.
- Cooperate with architects to improve overall system design.
- Contribute to our architectural roadmap, to ensure we have a scalability, performant, maintainable, and secure application.
- Ensure front-end applications work across multiple browsers and on mobile devices.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers in best practices and established patterns.
- Debug production systems as needed.
- Improve the system through better alerting, monitoring, and logging.
- Avoiding and removing the accrual of technical debt in our systems.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Outstanding communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to holding yourself and your team accountable.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple ones.
- Strong organizational skills. The ability to create a plan that can be executed and coordinated between multiple teams.
- A firm grasp of the component-level principles used within react.js.
- The ability to create component libraries for maximum reuse.
- Mastery-level understanding of HTML and CSS. Outstanding understanding of DOM manipulation.
- Strong skills and experience access data through APIs.
- A mindset and understanding of how to apply and build unit tests for the user interface.
- Excellent debugging skills and the ability to detect and make performance improvements.
- A pragmatic approach to feature development, architectural improvement, and system evolution.
- A good understanding of Git and pull request workflows, including continuous integration.
- A solid understanding and practical experience applying the agile methodology to projects.
- Strong skills in the terminal for Unix or Linux-based operating systems, including script writing and command-line tools.
- Experience with docker, kubernetes or other container-based technologies.
- Experience working with cloud technologies, such as AWS.
- Quality-minded, with the ability to elevate others in areas like effective boundary condition testing and test-driven development.
- Very strong database skills, including some experience in a variety of database types (relational, nosql, etc.)
JumpSearch is dedicated to connecting with the best talent and creating a great candidate experience. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity. Please know that due to the many talented individuals who apply we can only contact who are in consideration. If you are not contacted for the current role(s) for which you have applied, please rest assured that your resume will be considered for future opportunities.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay current on trends and future opportunities. We look forward to working with you!