Senior Cloud Software Engineer (Cloud Product Team)
Our client is a 30-person startup is enabling organizations to build the next generation of messaging and event streaming applications. Leveraging Apache and Bookkeeper, they optimize for scalability and resiliency while reducing the overhead management and complexity required by incumbent technologies; they do this by offering enterprise-grade cloud products as a service.
Founders have years of experience in the streaming space, and under their leadership the team is building cutting-edge messaging technology that is poised to become the de facto industry standard. The team is distributed, agile, growing and steeped in a culture of "context and collaboration". Our client's cloud product builds upon the Apache Pulsar messaging technology that will serve enterprise clients around the world. The company is VC backed and has raised $6MM to-date.
This is an opportunity to join a highly technical team that is building next generation real-time event streaming platform in the cloud. Come in contribute, quickly become a subject matter expert and take the lead on new features and functionality.
As an early member of a growing company, there is ample opportunity for growth within the engineering team or to take on roles working in closely with customers, open-source community engagement, or developer advocacy.
Job Description and Scope
- Help develop new features, such as support for running user-code in our cloud, like AWS Lambda
- Expand our cloud product to more cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and Digital Ocean
- Come in and contribute, become subject matter expert quickly and be able to take the lead on new features that will be added
- Build, orchestrate, and maintain an enterprise-grade, cloud-native streaming data service offering of Apache Pulsar.
- Help deliver the Pulsar-as-a-service offering in our customer’s cloud environment by leveraging container orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to improve products, meet new requirements of product, and continuously improve the quality and competitiveness of products.
- Design and develop an automation platform to standardize cloud-native operations.
- A track record of technical contributions and leadership within startup environments
- Understand various common network protocol principles and virtualization technologies.
- Experience with containers, cloud-native/micro-service architectures
- Experience with container orchestration technology, e.g. Kubernetes, a strong plus
- Experience in using automation tools, such as Puppet, Ansible or Terraform
- Experience with distributed systems, load balancing, and system monitoring
- Prefer candidates who reside in West, Mountain West, and Central regions. (large part of our team is in Asia)
- Very competitive base salary
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical enefits
- Paid holidays
JumpSearch is dedicated to connecting with the best talent and creating a great candidate experience. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity. Please know that due to the many talented individuals who apply we can only contact who are in consideration. If you are not contacted for the current role(s) for which you have applied, please rest assured that your resume will be considered for future opportunities.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay current on trends and future opportunities. We look forward to working with you!