Senior Front-End Engineer
We believe that the best technology is created by professionals that have experienced first-hand what it’s like to be in the field installing a system or programming software. We know what it takes to secure a facility properly and provide the end user with a solution that instills confidence and safety.
We are passionate about creating technology to enhance the security, safety and overall experience of both the professionals that are installing electronic access control and those that live with and use the system each day. We have thousands of systems managing tens of thousands of doors throughout North America alone. We continue to create technology every day to enhance our products and the products of our technology partners.
You will own front-end web and mobile development for our web and mobile apps. This is an opportunity to apply front-end/mobile development best-practices and in doing so you will move the needle. We have a consumer and business facing user experience so elegance in UI development are key differentiators of our product and business.
We are a small but growing technology company that has carved a niche in revolutionizing access and security control for buildings. We have found a strong product-market fit and have demonstrated traction in the market. Now it’s time to scale. This is an opportunity to join a seasoned sales team and technically innovative team where you can have real influence in shaping the team’s culture, evolution and effectiveness.
- Multi-site Refactor - in the first 6 months you'll design and develop a new feature called “Multi-site”, this will involve a refactoring of our existing user interface to handle managing multiple sites vs single sites
- Mobile/Web UX/UI Strategy and Roadmap - Collaborate with product management and engineering to identify and prioritize opportunities to improve the user experience; this will include design direction on UX/UI, interactions, data hierarchy, and visual design
- Data-Driven Design Enablement - Implement systems and tools to test, measure and analyze user-experience to validate and improve designs
What we're looking for in our next team player:
- Own front-end development (mobile web, iOS/Android via Cordova)
- Own the user experience and UI for mobile and web
- Partner with product management to understand user-needs and be able to translate that into an effective user experience and UI
- Define, develop, and drive the mobile design process including user testing, prototyping, screen mapping, user-flows, wire-framing, interaction, IA, usability testing
- 4+ years web (and mobile) front-end development experience
- Passion and ability to thrive in startup environments
- Mobile app development experience
- Experience with security and authentication mechanisms including OAUTH2.0, OIDC, SSO technologies
- Understanding in how to create user experience and wireframes
- Experience with UX/UI design methodologies including prototyping, interaction design, information architecture, usability testing, user testing
- Industry experience in security, access control, or IoT products
JumpSearch is dedicated to connecting with the best talent and creating a great candidate experience. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity. Please know that due to the many talented individuals who apply we can only contact who are in consideration. If you are not contacted for the current role(s) for which you have applied, please rest assured that your resume will be considered for future opportunities. Also - follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay current on trends and future opportunities. We look forward to working with you!