Regional Sales Manager
Utah is preferred but positions open across the US
OTE: $180k to $230k depending on experience; full benefits and equity provided
About Our Client
Our client is changing the way people live and work in apartments. They are building a reliable, secure, and ever-growing smart device management platform for rental housing. They enable apartment residents to live in a smart home and owners and managers to improve the operational efficiency of their properties. Residents in their communities can control their locks, lights, thermostats and more from their mobile and voice apps, while managers use the web portal to reduce property-wide energy use, streamline access for maintenance workers, and limit the risk of floods and extreme temperature events. Our commitment to customer experience has helped us grow more than 20x the last three years, and we have raised more than $20M to achieve our vision. Their platform is being installed in over 200 communities across the country from Miami to Seattle, and major companies are trying to emulate our success.
A Regional Sales Manager is an individual, quota-carrying role that is responsible for driving the growth and adoption of our platform in the multifamily industry. The customer journey begins through an RSM finding, introducing and guiding prospective customers through the investigation of our solution. RSMs are tasked with targeting, educating and eventually closing our ideal customers. RSMs not only focus on bringing on new customers, but they then maintain relationships for further growth across their portfolio. They have the opportunity to grow with their customers and reap the benefits of a long-term strategy.
A Day in the Life
- Own a territory, plan and follow through: an RSM is responsible for a dedicated region of the nation - you decide how to work in that region and hit your goals.
- Prospecting: This job requires calls, emails, building and following up on sequences
- Sales calls: You do your own demo’s, and you understand and articulate the technical, operational and value propositions associated with our platform
- Problem solving: An RSM looks at their territory as their own company and is a self-starter. You uncover the unique needs and problems in your territory and then you are responsible to assemble the correct team members and stakeholders to resolve.
- Carry the load, reap the rewards: If you take the responsibility of this role on your back, you will build and maintain a residual source of revenue for years to come. You alone are responsible for your success, we are here to empower you with a great product, sufficient tools and a team that enables you to reach your goals.
- Quarterback mentality: Have an understanding that you act as the hub of the wheel here. You manage a team that helps you find the best results for your customers
- Enterprise closer: Understand the nuances and intricacies of a mature sales cycle with multiple stakeholders.
- Grit: These are intricate projects with layers of stakeholders and project nuances. We are specifically looking for people who embrace challenges and will dig their heels in to carry through a series of complex problems.
- Impact: We are a small team who have accomplished quite a bit together. Each RSM’s impact is easily felt across not only our team, but the entire company. For that reason, they get quite a bit of attention, and we are looking for team members who are willing to take on the challenge and pull their allotted weight.
- You have a track record of sales success in an enterprise environment, preferably in the multifamily space
- You can understand complex business and technology requirements
- You have consistently demonstrated the ability to hit quota across a multi-state territory with a role responsible for prospecting, closing, expansion as well as renewals
- You have designed and executed lead gen action plans using a combined plan of self-prospecting and Sales Development Team Members
- You are a skilled presenter (on phone and in-person) with the ability to pull-in multiple stakeholders, helping large groups navigate to a final decision
- You have experience working internally with team members to build a plan and prep a smooth implementation
- You have worked with customer success and account management to turn one deal into a significant number of future deals
- You have an appetite to travel at least once a month
JumpSearch is dedicated to connecting with the best talent and creating a great candidate experience. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity. Please know that due to the many talented individuals who apply we can only contact who are in consideration. If you are not contacted for the current role(s) for which you have applied, please rest assured that your resume will be considered for future opportunities.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay current on trends and future opportunities. We look forward to working with you!